Student Loan Law
As the cost of attending college rises, most people will take out student loans in order to pay for school. However, very few of these people are familiar with student loan laws and their rights as borrowers. If your loans have become a burden that is too difficult to manage on your own, the team at Sweeney Law, P.A. is here to help.
How can a lawyer help with student loans?
If you have student loan debt, whether it be from private, state, or federal student loans, you are entitled to certain rights. So how can we help? If you find yourself in any of the following situations, we can assist you:
- Struggling to pay back your loans
- Worrying about loan repayment
- Getting pestered by debt collectors
- Currently in default
- Being sued for student loans
- Threatened with tax refund offset, social security offset, or wage garnishment
- Thinking about filing bankruptcy on student loans
If you are struggling to pay back your loans…
If you are unable to afford your monthly minimum loan payment, you’re not alone. A student debt lawyer can help you avoid defaulting on your loans, or assist you if you already have.
We will work with you to analyze the variety of student debt repayment plans to determine which will best help you get back on track. You may also qualify for a student loan forgiveness program for both federal and private loans. Your attorney will help you determine if you meet the requirements to have your loans discharged or forgiven.
If you have defaulted on your loans…
An attorney specializing in student loans can also help protect you from harassing debt collectors, represent you in court if you are being sued, or even help you file a lawsuit if your rights have been violated. Let us help you put an end to the harassment and threats.
If you are considering bankruptcy…
Did you know that you can declare bankruptcy on your student loans? We can assist you in determining if this is your best plan of action and, if necessary, help you file bankruptcy.
Get Back on Track with a 60-Minute Student Loan Analysis
Whether you’re struggling to pay back your loans or considering bankruptcy, we’re here to help you get back on track. For just $200, you’ll get a personalized 60-minute analysis of your unique loan situation to ensure you know every option that is available for you.
Your personalized analysis with a dedicated member of our team will provide:
- 1. Relief – We’re here to help you know you’re not alone. Let us help you bear the burden that comes with student loans.
- 2. Review – Our team knows how to ask the right questions to understand your circumstances and review your situation in depth.
- 3. Recourse – Are you aware if you qualify for student loan forgiveness programs? There are a variety of loan repayment plans, and we will help you determine the best way to move forward.
Worried you’ll miss something? You’ll receive a complete copy of your in-depth analysis to review as needed.
Your Student Loan Attorney in Broward County
Student loan relief is just a phone call away. Our dedicated team at Sweeney Law, P.A. has the experience to help you with your student loans, no matter your situation.
If you are looking for a student loan lawyer in Broward County, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team. Request a consultation for a student loan debt analysis by calling 954-440-3993.