Stop Phone Call and Text Message Harassment
Did you know that without your prior consent, it is illegal for debt collectors or sales people to use an automatic dialing system or prerecorded message to contact you via phone call or text message? If you are receiving unwanted or harassing robocalls or SMS spam text messages, you have a right to make it stop.
Your Rights under the TCPA
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) ensures that consumers do not receive unwanted calls from telemarketers and solicitors. This Act outlines specific violations to protect consumers. Some TCPA violations include:
- Calling before 8 A.M. or after 9 P.M.
- Not maintaining or honoring specific “do not call” (DNC) requests for 5 years.
- Sending unsolicited SMS messages.
- Calls using an artificial voice or recording without prior consent (robocalls).
In the event of a TCPA violation, you are entitled to sue for up to $500 for each call or text. If the violation is deemed “willful,” you may sue for up to $1,500. If you’re ready to stop illegal robocalls and get the compensation you’re entitled to, you’ll need the help of a TCPA attorney.
Stop Robocall and Text Harassment with a TCPA Attorney
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “Can I sue telemarketers?” The answer is yes, if they’ve violated your rights. As a victim of unwanted calls and texts, it’s your right to fight back. The idea of “prior consent” can get a little tricky, and that’s where our dedicated team can come to your aid. Let us help you:
- Stop unwanted calls and spam texts
- File a TCPA lawsuit and represent you in court
- Determine if you’ve given “prior consent” and assist you in revoking consent if needed
- Receive statuary damages for up to $500-$1500 for each violation
Sweeney Law Protects You
Sweeney Law, P.A. believes in consumer protection, and we are here to ensure that your rights against unwanted robocalls and texts are upheld. Based in Fort Lauderdale, we offer TCPA Lawsuit services throughout Broward County.
If you’re ready to stop annoying, unwanted calls, or call 954-440-3993.